I have fixed it all, and added more probing functionality to PupDial. It just remains to do some more testing, to catch any stray bugs.
Comments:Posted on 25 Jul 2008, 21:11 by BarryK
Modem bugs fixed
Rerwin found two subtle bugs in the modem scripts, and worked out fixes. I have applied these.
A problem can arise if the 'Modem' entry in /etc/wvdial.conf is "/dev/modem" rather than the actual port.
Well, not subtle, just that this has been an ongoing problem. We use 'eval' in a couple of the modem scripts and sometimes what gets fed to 'eval' doesn't evaluate. I found that gtkdialog3 is returning some unexpected stuff on stdout, so I have put in a generic fix before all eval lines.