1. Look at Dougal's latest Network Wizard.
2. Examine some issues with Pmount not refreshing.
3. A bit more thought on copy-to-ram of pup_xxx.sfs.
4. xse or xautomation to raise/lower Pmount when click icons?
5. Check PETget package downloading.
6. Recompile scsi3 kernel -- had some drivers already in scsi1 and scsi2.
7. GeorgeR reported that his USB keyboard does not work when there are multiple 'pup_save' files to choose from at bootup. I cannot reproduce that bug, but I'll try my USB keyboard on a couple more PCs.
Comments:Posted on 27 Jul 2008, 11:18 by disciple
What do you actually want to do with Pmount?
I'm not sure exactly what you are wanting to do with xse or xautomation.
On bootup I run mut with alltray so that I have instant access to mount and unmount drives, and I have jwm set to ignore it in the task list and make it sticky. It sounds like you are wanting to do a similar thing, but without Alltray. This is good, as there are some problems with alltray (e.g. it messes up when you restart jwm, I can't get it to work with a lot of GTK2 programs, and it doesn't work with negative geometry arguments (to specify a distance from the right side or bottom of screen).
Is this right - that you really just want to emulate alltray?
I could be wrong (the documentation is shabby), but I don't think either xse or xautomation can do this.
I don't know if you saw it, but MU posted another possible solution in the xse thread - if I understand him correctly he has now made a shell script to replace an older puppybasic script. I haven't had a look at it yet, but you might like to if you haven't already: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=217712&sid=3db4856991bf9720091dacde4bed893e
Posted on 27 Jul 2008, 11:23 by disciple
No, it looks like the shell script Mark was talking about was just an example of using the puppybasic tool.
Posted on 27 Jul 2008, 12:25 by BarryK
Well, I just tested PETget, it works fine. Simplicity itself, I just chose Bluefish, it downloaded and installed.
Regarding, using Xse or Xautomation with Pmount, I'm not really sure what I wanted to do. Will put that on hold.