Some of the 'netpbm' utilities are Perl scripts, and I found that at least one of them (pnmquant) needs /usr/share/perl/5.10.0/English.pm, which is missing. I never noticed this before as the file is in the 'devx' SFS module. But, we do need those netpbm utilities to work without 'devx' loaded.
Note, the main Puppy filesystem, upup-469.sfs (my latest test version is 469), has a cutdown Perl ('perl_tiny' package), whereas the 'devx' file has the full Perl package.
After providing English.pm, I then found NamedCapture.pm and Errno.pm were also needed.
Fixed, the pnmquant utility now works.
Posted on 9 May 2009, 12:11
No comments posted yet.