What I would like to do is get 4.3final out before that, and I'm aiming for the 18th September. The Royal Show starts sometime after that, but I want some leeway to handle feedback immediately after 4.3final is released -- as I won't have much Internet access while in Perth this time. I'll be in Perth about 2 weeks -- I work at the show from about 1 week before it starts, helping construction and general setup in the pavilion, then the actual Show runs for about 1 week.
So, I plan to upload 4.3beta3 about 5-6 days from now.
The alternative is that I delay 4.3final until about mid-October, but would prefer not to do that.
Perth Royal Agricultural Show home page:
Comments:Posted on 8 Sep 2009, 12:20 by dogone
4.3 release date
The decision is completely up to you, Barry. I believe however that 424 is so good that few, if any, would mind waiting until mid-October. Beta 2 is very usable and if the extra weeks would mean more time to mull and recover your perspective, then they might well be worth the wait.
A great big thank you for the progress to date. 4.3 will be stellar.
Posted on 8 Sep 2009, 13:16 by cthisbear
Take the extra time to make a great Puppy.
We have so much variety in our Puplets,
so what we really need is a stable base.
Flash must work, browsers don't go down,
and all our media codecs, links...
whatever just work.
Please speed Slowly.
And enjoy your time at the show.
Posted on 8 Sep 2009, 15:18 by BarryK
I won't force things, the post is just a statement of how I would like it to pan out. I would prefer to to be free of 4.3 by the time the Show starts, have a nice time doing simple manual no-brainer work for awhile, then return and start on something new.