Using it right now, running Midori web browser. Midori is working ok, except the text insertion is strange, sometimes have to click a few times in a text-entry box to get it to become the active text entry point.
I decided to go the Midori/Gstreamer route, but I think it is a bloated way to go. The reason is the hierarchy of dependencies is quite horrendous for a full-featured Midori. For example, the 'icu' package needed by gstreamer bumps the live-CD iso file by about 7MB.
Anyway, will post another report soon. I have found a couple of things that need fixing.
Comments:Posted on 17 May 2011, 24:23 by ttuuxxx
Hi Barry, hopefully the default browser will be Seamonkey, or Firefox :) Never really found Midori all that stable.
looking forward an iso release. I wonder if seamonkey 2 is stable on it.
Posted on 18 May 2011, 4:08 by technosaurus
webkit glib unicode backend
Webkitgtk can be compiled using glib as the unicode backend. Jemimah's thread in the howto section has the compile flags (as well as how to do a functional static webkit version)
Posted on 18 May 2011, 8:32 by BarryK
Re Midori size
Well, I might release a Squeezed Puppy iso built with gstreamer and Midori, and anyone who wants to "run with the ball" can have a go at recompiling Midori with less dependencies.