I got somewhat depressed as I couldn't fix it.
Then last night I installed a few other blogs and played with them for awhile.
Then this morning I took a fresh look at my PPLOG blog. It occurred to me that the problem might be with my host, hostgator.com, some subtle change in how Perl works.
That's what it turned out to be. I have just about zero knowledge of Perl, so it was a painful process, but I discovered a bug in some "print" statements. My guess is that Hostgator have updated Perl, which has a subtle change in syntax requirement. Hmmm, I would have expected this of Python, not Perl.
Anyway, I was able to fix the syntax.
No comments posted yet.