Linuxcbon reported that pupX does not work, I tested it and responded that it does for me. Forum member MinHundHettePerro replied and suggested it might be a problem with non-English LANG:
I checked the script, and yes, 'dc' and perhaps 'xset' need "LANG=C" prefixed.
The 'pupx' script was originally written by me and internationalized by Nathan (long gone, he used to be one of our most prolific developers), using the "technosaurus method". I have converted it to the gettext method, so a note to our translators, be on the lookout for /usr/bin/pupx needing translation in the next Woof-built pup.
Well, it can be installed now if you want. The PET has been bumped to version 0.4 (3K):
Note, I have only tested it in English.
Comments:Posted on 9 Feb 2013, 19:33 by BarryK
pupX fixed again
Ah, I have just seen a reply by npierce in that Forum thread. He has done a more rigorous fix for the decimal point versus comma problem.
We need to merge his improvements into my gettexted script.
Posted on 10 Feb 2013, 2:54 by don570
Translators shouldn't forget report-video
I made a pet package and pot file
so users can install it in old puppy distros
or translate it for the language packages.